On Friday, we finished up what was rained on before. That is, we shot what we were about to shoot when we got drenched. Just a few shots.
It took longer than we’d expected because a group of curious horses wanted to investigate our equipment.
Eventually we came to an understanding with them and they let us shoot the episode.
Yesterday was our final day of shooting for Month of the Novel. We had been scrambling to find a good place to shoot an episode involving an imposing brick wall, and in a whirlwind of activity, we both found the wall and shot at it yesterday.
First, Rebekah, Ruth, and I went out to scout the wall. We were thrilled by the location, so we made plans to return later in the afternoon with the cast and crew in tow.
That afternoon, we headed out to the set, only to discover that some key equipment had been left behind. While Ruth went back for it, we raked leaves and did various setup things.
And then things pretty much went smoothly after that. Our opening shot used a camera stabilizer rig, so it took us a little bit to get the coordination right, and we were interrupted by a barking dog a couple times, but we finally got it right and it couldn’t be better!
We did the rest of the shooting and headed back to import the footage before we called it a wrap. Ruth and I got the footage in, I geeked out over how cool it was, and we happily declared shooting wrapped.